Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Interview by Ross Griffith



Mason Randolph
mer2@txstate.edu
Environmental Studies (Senior)
Owner of one kickass moped

  The university has a record enrollment of 35,568 students last semester. How has this increased enrollment affected you? "Well, people have complained about traffic and I will agree there's a lot of cars on the road. Construction is so frustrating cause it seems like it's always going on."

  Should the university continue to grow? "I feel it's their incentive to. It's their incentive to make profit, get as many students in as possible. It'd be nice if they capped it, but I feel it's not a realistic thing that could happen."

Explain what you mean by capping it. "They should set a goal, like, 3,500 students and then try to accommodate those many students, like making more parking spots and stuff rather than just building more dorms."

Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here? "Not really."

What brought you to Texas State? "Oh man, the location is beautiful, and I love the San Marcos river. It's close to home, too, cause I'm from Austin. I also had a couple friends go here."

What drew you to Environmental Studies? "I'm really interested in the environment, and helping out the earth."




No comments:

Post a Comment